AboutThis page tells you a little bit about the human who did this, and some extra info about this site.
👤 About me
Hello! I am Joel, I am just a guy who likes tech, FOSS and many other things. I was born in Mexico where I still live. I am currently studying Mechatronics Engineering. Here are some quick things about me:
I use Linux, and the distribution currently installed on my computer is Void Linux.
My current smartphone is using Arrow OS, as custom rom, but I switch roms from time to time. I am interested on switchin to LineageOS soon or maybe not, depending on my laziness.
I can solve a Rubik’s cube in less than 20 seconds, my record is of 9.81 seconds.
I have made some videogames using the Godot engine, but I am still not that advanced in my opinion. I have participated in around 4 game jams, some of which were successful. You can play them check them on my itch.io profile or access them directly on my front page.
🍿 Hobbies & Interests
- 🃏 Card Magic
- 📱 Android Customization
- ⌚ Speedcubing
- 📃 Origami
- 🎹 Piano & guitar
- 💻 Linux
- 📖 Reading
- 🕹️ Game development
- 🌐 Web development
💬 Get in touch
- 🐘 Mastodon - This is my main social media of choice, I post often and I am quite active too. I am This is my main social media of choice, I post often and I am quite active too. You are probably already following me, but if you arent, make sure to do so!
- ✉️ Email - I started using email more often now, you can send me an ecrypted email using my public PGP Key, download it here, I would appreciate if you use said encryption.
- 🕹 Itch.io - This is my itch page. Itch.io its a website used to host games and game jams. You can access all of my games, which are not masterpieces, but still a bit of fun. Follow me there if you are interested in following updates and releases of my game projects.
- 🛩 Telegram -If you want to have a chat with me, this is where I am at. It is not the most private messaging service in the world, I know, but it still has a lot of features, and you can contact me without having to share phone numbers.
- 💻 GitHub - Here you can check out some of my projects, there are not a lot, but I still would love to try stuff out and contribute how I can.
📰 About this page
This page was the result of going into Mastodon and getting inspired by the Fosstodon community to start my own blog. Here I can share my thoughts without having to give away too much of me to companies such as Google or Facebook.
I have used Jekyll to generate this site, and I use simple.css as a framework, where I have customized the style to fit my taste.
The website source is hosted on Github and the site itself is deployed using Netlify.